Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A bunch of little abstracts...

I've had a lot of these little guys started and am trying to get them all finished up so I can work on some larger ones. Really need to get my Etsy shop up and running to see if they'll sell...not to mention getting some room in my studio. LOL!

These are all either 6x6 or 5x5 claybord. The first one has wood chips mixed with gesso, cheese cloth, fluid acrylics, tissue paper, and polymer gloss medium. The rest are are fluid acrylics, acrylic ink, tissue paper, polymer gloss medium and a couple have gold mica flakes.









3 comments:

deborah kirby said...

Hi Deb!

I really like the second one -- I'm sure I'm drawn to it because of the colors primarily, but also I think compositionally it works the best also -- a balance in the unbalance if that makes sense. I actually spot an equine-type figure in there.

debk
P.S. my verification word for this comment is "fulance". Maybe that is the word to describe this painting -- it has 'fulance'! LOL!

Randy said...

Great job Deb. Love the addition of the wood chips and such.

Deb Townsend said...

Thanks Deb! I had a feeling you'd like that one! The others I didn't think too much about the composition...was playing, I'm just bought a book on composition, so hopefully I'll learn something. :)

Thanks Randy. Read about the wood chips in a book. Had my sister send me some from my brother-in-law. Got some more ideas for it.