Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sketchbook Journaling

I've been checking out some art journaling websites and have decided to give it a try. Today was my first day. My pastor gave a really good sermon today....just what I needed to hear after a stressful week and it inspired my first page. I actually did a preliminary sketch as he was preaching.

I plan to do as many days a week as I can. I'm not going to say everyday because I don't want to feel guilty if I miss one, but I'm going to try!

Pen/ink and watercolor on Arches 140lb CP 5"x7". I'm trying to not be really nuts about the writing...I have such sloppy writing that I need to work on it. I know I skipped a space on one of the words and the Scripture like is a little crooked going down the page, but who cares? Not me. I keep telling myself that!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Isaiah 49:15-16 is my favorite verse. I used it on my Confirmation stole in 9th grade. Made hands with red spots in the middle. If they could have been bigger, I would have put the figure of a person, or my name in the spot - just like you did.
It makes me think of writing notes on my hands in jr. high and high school. Kids would put assignments, names, phone numbers, dates - whatever. But what Jesus did was so much more amazing, and permanent.
I really like this watercolor.

Deb Townsend said...

I'm so glad you like it. It's one of my favorite verses too and Pastor Jim was just speaking to my heart that day. :)