Sunday, August 9, 2009

Texture experiments...

I've been looking at some things I've started and either just hate them or have lost all inspiration for where the piece is going. Not being one to waste art supplies, I've been slapping some gesso on them and starting over. Since some are pretty textured already, I'm just building on it and am enjoying the textures I've been getting by stamping other found objects into the gesso. Here are a couple of close ups of the one I did last night. Not sure what the finished work will be yet, but I'm liking the background!



6 comments:

Randy said...

Gessoing over old painting. Stamping found objects in the wet gesso. That could be me! The textures look great.What are you using for color?

Deb Townsend said...

Thanks Randy. This was pretty much a goof. Now I've got to start planning more! For color I used Golden N8 Neutral Gray (heavy bodied acrylic), Golden Transparent Yellow Iron Oxide (fluid acrylic), Da Vinci Rich Blue (anthraquinone - also a fluid acrylic) and Daler Rowney Sepic acrylic ink.

Nick said...

I really like your thinking and approach, and your appreciation/eye for abstraction, texture, and palette sets you way apart from most of the w/c world.

Deb Townsend said...

Nick, thanks so much for stopping by. I really appreciate your encouragement. Means a lot to me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb, I found you on FB. This texture is great! Have you done anything more to it?

Deb Townsend said...

Thanks Peggy. So glad you like it. I haven't done any more to it yet. It's 12"x12" and I like it so much, I don't want to mess it up! LOL! But I do need to get on with it, so I probably will soon.