Saturday, August 2, 2008

Messing around with an old one...

I originally did this on Aquabord awhile ago. Pic here. The webbing spray came out of the can in a clump and for me, it really wrecked it, so I started spraying it with water and messing around just seeing how it responded. Threw in some more orange and yellow of some sort. Can't remember what but it's likely that it was DS Quin Burnt Orange and Quin Gold...favorites. Kind of turned it into a diamond shape and the orange and gold looked like fire. It was kind of cool. No pics.

I didn't really see me doing anything with it, so when I got some new clear stamps today, I thought I'd just use it to mess with them and see how they worked. That's why my name is in this. I had just finished the Blue abstract #1 I did with the fluid acrylics and had some blues left over. So I got out the stamps and the sprayers...both water and alcohol....and went to town. The more I played the more the color lifted...I used watercolor the first time....leaving just a little color. Got out more fluid acrylics and just played. Lots of water and alcohol. This is how it ended up. I really like some of the alcohol effects and I wish I didn't do the name thing. LOL!

3 comments:

Her Eye Zone Art said...

I love it Deb! I love the initials too! I am so much enjoying your abstract paintings. I hope you don't stop! :)

Deb Townsend said...

I'm so glad you like it! The more I look at it the more I like it too! Got to try a larger one with the same colors and techniques. I'm having fun! :)

Deborah A. L├ęger said...

Hi Deb,

I love your painting and your blog and especially how you use that spray webbing!

Having just received the Brillante Award, ...

... I am now awarding and passing it to you and your blog.

Check out the info on my blog. You can pass it on or not - your choice.

Have a great day!

Deb Leger