Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting braver.....finally

I've been really struggling with getting the courage up to try a full sheet, 22" x 30", because it's just so big!!!

Well, I feel good because I've finally given it a go. This is not a painting that will be finished because it's getting terribly overworked as I need to get some bigger brushes. I'll do that as soon as I get paid next week.

But I did have fun and it's a first step. The 2nd pic shows some waxed paper and cheesecloth on there to create texture. In the 3rd pic, I took the frisket off the house. I'll probably cut it up and use it in a collage or maybe use a section that's not too bad for another painting.

I'm looking forward to trying again when I get the brushes. And I'm starting to feel what Peg always says.... FEAR NO ART!!!


5 comments:

Randy said...

I full sheet? You're brave. I just tried a half sheet and thought it was large.

This piece looks really good so far. I wouldn't cut it up just yet. I love how you work the colors together and get that great texture. Cheese cloth your say? I'm going to have to try some of that.

Her Eye Zone Art said...

Good for you Deb! I've only tried it a couple of times. I have to get bigger brushes too. Plus I'm too 'frugal' with the paper. I'd like to see you finish this. It looks really good so far. But bigger brushes will make it easier. I love your colors! Keep going. :)

Deb Townsend said...

Thanks to both of you! I haven't chopped it up yet. I've ordered a bigger brush and I'll mess with it some more. It's just that I think some of the colors look better in the pic then in real life. It's gotten a bit dull in spots. We'll see! LOL!

Her Eye Zone Art said...

I'm going to order some big brushes today. I've held off too long. Yes,
keep going! You could consider some acrylics in the dead spots you mentioned to brighten them up. I don't see it on the screen, but you've got it in front of you to know better. :)

Deb Townsend said...

I used some acrylics on it the other night and it helped. I'm waiting for the big brush to get here! I'll try to finish it off...one way or the other...this weekend.