Sunday, April 13, 2008

Bob's Florida Workshop

Last month I went to a fabulous workshop on painting portraits in watercolor conducted by Bob Hague and organized by Amelia Jordan. A group of online friends, several meeting in person for the first time, met in Florida and spent 2 incredible days together learning, laughing and wetting our brushes. Bob is a gifted teacher and I'm amazed at how much I learned in such a short time. He taught us how to do noses, mouths and eyes, then he put it all together in a duotone study and followed that with color studies. It was just the best time! Thanks so much Bob & Amelia! Here's a link to the Wet Canvas post about the workshop if you want to see more. Bob's Florida Workshop Here's another link to my PBase Gallery where I have my workshop pics posted in case the WC one isn't working. March Madness.

Here's Bob in action doing his study. Watching him demonstrate this in person taught me so much about values and how to determine them.


Here's my yet unfinished value study followed by a close-up of the eye.




This is a little card I did for Amelia.

No comments: